India Gate

Unknown
By -
1
memories with a golden touch......

On 10th June I was in my home planning to visit India Gate, I asked my friends but all of them said no. So I put my camera and a water bottle in my bag and went towards the metro station.at 4:30 pm, after a 1 hour ride in metro, I reached Central Secretariat metro station in yellow line and exit from gate number 3 and I saw parliament house in front of me, now I have to walk a long distance to reach the India gate and then I realize that I should have came there in my bike.

Now I was standing on the rajpath, on the one end of the rajpath there is parliament house and on the other hand there is India Gate. On the both side of the rajpath there was green open space and people are enjoying, some were playing cricket, families were sitting together and eating home made food, children’s were playing different type of games, couples were sitting alone, street food vendors were every where.

There were around 200 Ice-Cream vendors and they all were selling ice-creams above the MRP printed on the wrapper and none of the customers were bothering. Then I reached India gate and the open area was crowded and many of them were clicking pictures in different poses, those who had there camera with them were clicking pictures and those who didn’t  had camera hired the cameraman and paying Rs 25 to 50 for a single photo. One can easily find the cameraman’s there they have a DSLR camera hanging on there neck or shoulder mainly of Nikon or Canon.

In center of the India Gate there is Amar Jawan Jyoti with a flame and a rifle upside down with a army helmet on it. Two guards are always on patrolling near Amar Jawan Jyoti. In both side of the India Gate there are fountains and boating facility is available there. But this is India, boys, childrens and even adults take there clothes of and jumps in the water, some climb on the fountain     

Facts To Know: On India Gate all the names of the patriots are writtenin gold.

Best Time To Visit: According to me any day when the weather is pleasant and in night.  

How to Reach: Take Metro to the Central Secretariat Station, exit from gate no. 3.

Advice: Try to take home made food with you.
    

playing cricket.....

parking...........

rajpath.........
member of green revolution..............

love rules.....

family matters.......


street food on the go............

chinese touch...........
amar jawan jyoti

through pinhole

picnic spot.......

























































freeze frame.....








names written on India gate
shining like a jewel....




Post a Comment

1Comments

  1. Nice information given here about India Gate, one of the most visited place in Delhi. Information about Nearest Metro Station to India Gate is very helpful to travelers.

    ReplyDelete
Post a Comment