Jantar Mantar

Unknown
By -
0

ticket counter

Connaught place is one of my favorite places in Delhi and I love to go there every week. Last week I asked my friend Vinay if he would like to visit Jantar Mantar that is located in CP, he said yes and we decided to go there on Tuesday as on every Tuesday we both used to visit Hanuman Mandir in CP.

Finally on Tuesday, at 4 pm Vinay reached my home, I took a water bottle and my camera with me and we went to the Rajiv Chowk Metro Station, after exiting from gate no. 5-6, we went straight towards the LIC building, after a 10 min walk we reached Jantar Mantar opposite “The Park Hotel”.

We bought tickets and entered, the view from the entry gate was awesome, the green grass, beautiful flowers, khajoor trees and some red colored architectural instruments, as I went closer to them I realized, that they are huge in size. In ancient time these instruments were used to calculate time and some other astrological calculations. As we entered there was a blue sign board with a arrow mark towards the toilet.

One of the instruments was of heart shaped with stairs attached, but the entry was restricted. There were many plants of anar (pomegranate) with little green colored anars hanging on them. On the center of the place there was a stair facing towards the sky, as before I thought, to climb it, I saw the entry gate was closed, so I changed my mind. The place was awesome and a must visit for all deleties.

Now we both were hungry, so we decided to go to D’Pauls in Janpath market and there we ate Cheese Bal, and then board the metro to home.

Facts To Know: Jantar Mantar is a architectural astronomy instrument, build by Maharaja Jai Singh II of jaipur in 1724.

Best Time To Visit: Any day you want, as it opens everyday.

Entry Tickets: Entry ticket is of Rs. 5 for Indian visitors and Rs. 100 for Foreigner. Video filming charges are Rs. 25 (still photography is free).

How to Reach: Take Metro to the Rajiv Chowk Station, exit from gate no. 5 or 6 from there you have to walk for 10min towards the Park Hotel.

Advice: Avoid Sundays as CP is closed on Sunday.

































 
view from entry gate


way to toilet

no entry

honey bee

good shot

1 anar 100 bimar

nice shot

view from the top

underground entry


sky is the limit

through the window




Post a Comment

0Comments

Post a Comment (0)