Red Fort

Unknown
By -
1


Lahore Gate
























On 11th may 2012, I received a call from my friend Mayank (mannu) and he asked me if I would like to go out and have some food, and as the weather was pleasant, I said yes, so we finally planned to visit Old Delhi, and because the day was hot, we both decided to met at our nearest metro stations at 4 pm.

I packed my bag and took a water bottle & my camera (as I love photography) with me. We both reached the metro station on time, and suddenly it started raining the black clouds covered the sun, and then we went straight to the Chandni Chowk Metro Station. I asked him (Mayank) if we should visit Red Fort first and then we will eat something in Chandni Chowk, he agreed.

After a 15 min. walk we reached The Lahore Gate the wide open entrance of Red Fort, the view from there was awesome. I clicked some pictures there and then we went to the ticket counter which was in the left side of the Lahore Gate. We bought tickets and submitted my bag in the clock room. I took my camera with me and entered the Red Fort, through some security checks.

As we entered there was a handicraft market and there were around 100 shops, we started checking the items they were selling, there were key chains, statues of gods, carpets, bangles and many type of jewelries. Then we went towards the Diwan-i-am, the place where the king used to met the local public with some issues, the Diwan-i-am, a building build of red stone, was surrounded by the lush green gardens and flowers. Behind the Diwan-i-am there was Diwan-i-khas the only building in the Red Fort, that was made of white marble, the garden area near the Diwan-i-khas was beautiful, we clicked some pictures there. At 6 pm some security guards told us to leave as the Light and sound show was ready to start at 7:30pm, mayank and I didn’t know about that show so we went towards the exit and decided to watch the light & sound show next time, because we are hungry and the time was 6:30 pm.

Now mayank and me started walking towards the Chandni Chowk Metro Station, there we saw a chaat corner named NATRAJ chaat corner, so we ate Bhalla Paprdi and then finally board the Metro to home at 7 pm. That day I enjoyed that 3 hours.   

Facts To Know: In 17th century It was constructed by Mughal emperor Shah Jahan. It covers about 255 acres of area.

Best Time To Visit: Any day you want between 5pm to 9:30pm. Must watch the Light and sound show.

Entry Tickets: Rs. 10 for Indian visitors and Rs. 250 for Foreigner. Museum ticket is of Rs. 5 and video filming charges are Rs. 25 (still photography is free) and Rs. 60 for light and sound show.

How to Reach: Take Metro to the Chandni Chowk Station, exit from gate no. 1 or 3 from there you have to walk for around 3km. Google Maps Link

Advice: Don’t visit when Chandni Chowk Market is closed.

Indian Flag

Ticket counter


security check

handicraft market

art galary











































Diwan-i-am

view  from Diwan-i-am

one of my friend

flower






















Diwan-i-khas












 




Post a Comment

1Comments

  1. Have there an clock room near red fort.what are it's charges.

    ReplyDelete
Post a Comment